Senegal - Planting Together 2019 - 6th August - 26th August
In 2019, WildFire will be travelling to Senegal to join with Planting Together.
“Planting Together” is a platform to mobilize youth and families, in partnership with other agencies, to plant trees and promote reforestation in critical zones on the African Continent.
How does it work? Planting Together sends advance teams into regions to consult with African and international government and NGO leaders. Together, they identify projects that can receive teams to assist reforestation initiatives. Currently, projects are active in Senegal and Tanzania with more coming on line as conditions warrant.
Planting together is building a bridge whereby ordinary people with an extraordinary desire to serve can truly make a difference in Africa. But there’s more!
Planting Together is developing partnerships with charitable groups to work with street kids, orphanages, youth and children’s programming, mobile medical clinics, sport activities, etc. If you want to serve in Africa, Planting Together may be the vehicle to get you there!!
Planting Together - The Story
- Experience a new culture
- Work as part of an all-age multinational team
- Leave a lasting impact on the continent of Africa
- Work on one of the largest ecological projects on planet earth
- Join in with what God is doing
- Have a barrel load of fun
Cost: £700 (including initial deposit of £100) plus flight costs of £700
Flight costs (£700) and initial deposit must be paid before 30th April 2019.
Final payment of £600 due by start of event on 6th August 2019.
Please enquire about family rates.
Deposit is non-refundable if for any reason you are not able to attend, but is partially refundable (£90) if your application is rejected.
How do I join the team?
1. Click the button below to sign up for this event and pay an administration fee & deposit.
2. We will then send you a link to an online WildFire application form.
3. Using the information you give us, we will obtain references (one of whom will be a Parent/ Guardian for 10-17s) and pray about your application.
4. If your application is successful, we will ask you for some further information (including Parental Consent for 10-17s) and you'll be good to go!
Training Days & Debrief - these days are compulsory and an essential part of our adventure (please ensure you can make these dates before signing up)
As part of our family adventure we will be spending time together ahead of travelling to Senegal for training, input, team building & learning how to overcome together. We will be looking at what it means to Love Mercy, Act Justly & Walk Humbly in our mission adventure but also in our everyday life at home, work, school and beyond.
Our training and preparation will feed directly into our daily debrief and long term debrief which will hep us bridge the gap between a mission experience and missional living.
Training will consist of:
24th - 27th May 2019 - NIKO Wilderness leadership training and team building (Starting Friday Evening and finishing Monday mid afternoon).
5th - 7th July 2019 - training weekend - exploring our activities (Starting Friday evening and finishing Sunday early afternoon).
Debrief will consist of: 18th - 20th October 2019 - Time to reflect on our trip and how it is impacting our lives back home and can continue to. .